Leadership Frisco Class Project Summary
Class Project Summary
Class I (97/98) The Frisco Senior Center
- In collaboration with the City of Frisco’s Parks and Recreation Department, organized the efforts to develop the building for the Senior Center.
Class II (98/99) Friendship Park Play Structure
- Designed the structure, marshaled volunteers & sponsors
- Built the children’s wooden play structure at Friendship Park
- Rebuilt the structure following an arson attack
- Became part of Frisco Commons Park
Class III (99/00) Clean It & Green It
- Tree planting program, planting 2000 trees around Frisco
- Nexus for the Chunk Your Junk events coordinated by the City
Class IV (00/01) Special Olympics
- Organized Frisco Chapter of the Special Olympics
- The Frisco Flyers
Class V (01/02) Frisco Family Services Center
- Organized community builder/contractors and monetary donations
- Remodeled a “new” building for offices & food pantry
Class VI (02/03) WaterWise
- Developed a Water education program for the 2nd graders in FISD
- Created a robot mascot for teaching water conservation to kids
- Developed sprinkler information tags sent to homeowners
Class VII (03/04) Youth Leadership Frisco
- Established a Youth Leadership program in Frisco High Schools
- Semester-long program to learn about Frisco, 10th graders
- Not currently operating
Class VIII (04/05) Frisco Cares Children’s Clinic
- Mobile low-cost medical acute care clinic
- Children & youth through age 18 in Frisco and FISD
- Originally open 1 evening per week, all volunteer
- Borrowed medical “bus”
- Now has a permanent clinic in downtown Frisco
Class IX (05/06) Teen Court
- Developed concept, procedures, volunteers for Teen Court
- Teen minor offenses are “tried” by a jury of their peers
- Prosecutors, public defenders & jury are teens
- Held mock trial to showcase it’s benefits
- Teen Court is now operating in Frisco
Class X (06/07) Boys and Girls Club
- Assisted with fundraising for new computers and equipment
- Assisted with building location & painting of computer lab
- Raised over $50,000 for new mini-bus for Frisco Branch
Class XI (07/08) Mindbender Academy
- Worked with the FISD to create a camp for 7th-8th grade students to engage them in Science and Math
- Secured Raytheon, Cisco and Janimation to lead the course content
- Hands-on demonstration to see how cool Science and Math can be in hopes to encourage them in studies related to Science and Math
- Secured $22,500 in monetary donations
Class XII (08/09) IamFrisco
- Demonstrating the multiplier effect of group volunteerism
- IamFrisco initiative will match Frisco volunteers with needs in the area
- Raised $36,000 for Frisco Family Services and $8,000 for other area non-profits
Class XIII (09/10) Watch D.O.G.S.
- Partnered with FISD and Council of PTAs to raise awareness about national father volunteer program
- Met with parents and administrators at 32 FISD campuses
- Presented and organized campus “Pizza Nights” to recruit dads
Class XIV (10/11) Leadership14 DiscCourse
- Partnered with Frisco Parks and Recreation to develop Disc Course
- Collaborated with corporate sponsors & civic groups and organizations to generate sponsorships for all 18 holes
- Raised over $6800 and managed over 2,000 volunteer hours
Class XV (11/12) Think Global, Act Local
- Partnered with Frisco Chamber to energize growth for local and international business
- Transform the Frisco Chamber of Commerce by creating a new look, a new feel, and a modernized multifunctional facility where business owners continue to establish relationships via networking, exchange, game-changing ideas, and grow their businesses
Class XVI (12/13) Frisco Charities
- Established a 501( c ) 3 Non-Profit Organization
- Establish Partnerships with Community Organizations to help generate funding to assist charitable organizations in Frisco
Class XVII (13/14) Boys & Girls Club in Frisco
- Partnered Boys & Girls Club of Collin County to repair and replace multiple equipment and furnishings in the Frisco Boys & Girls Club
- Partnered with multiple corporations and small business to raise funds for the Boys & Girls Club of Colin County
- Raised over $60K.
Class XVIII (14/15) Frisco 5 Star Challenge
- Partnered with the Frisco Chamber to create a competitive team building competition within the business community
- Raised money for local Charity
- Presented $10K to Frisco Fast
Class XIX (15/16) Ready to Read Railroad
- Partnered with the Frisco Library to create the Ready to Read Railroad in the children’s are at the Frisco Public Library.
- Designed to help children ages 5 and under develop early literacy skills and other early learning skills for success in kindergarten.
- Raised over $180,000 through sponsorships with local businesses, foundations, individuals, and held a sports raffle to fund design, build, and installation.
Class XX (16/17) Meals on the Move
- Benefitting Frisco Fastpacs.
- Donated a truck for meal delivery.
- More information HERE.
Class XXI (17/18) Community Garden
- Benefitting Frisco Family Services
- Help raise funds to update and revamp the Community Garden to increase production, which in turn, would help provide more fresh produce for families in crisis.
- Use the Community Garden as another way to raise awareness of the need that exists in Frisco.
- More information HERE.