Tuesday, November 1 at 12:00 Noon to 1:30 PM
Grow Your Business with Email & Social Media Marketing – Constant Contact
The number of possibilities can feel overwhelming. This session will help make sense of the noise. We’ll show you how to make the most of the
Throughout the session you’ll be given opportunities to capture your own ideas and build out the framework of your
Bring Your Own Lunch! Free Event! Space is Limited – Please Register Online
Monday evenings at 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM – BUSINESS BOOTCAMP: The Legal Essentials
Entity Choice and Basic Operation
- What kind of entity is best for you?
- How do you form an entity?
- The importance of an entity’s governing documents: Regulations, By-laws, etc.
- Business Divorce: How does a principal leave?
Basic Employment Law – Part I
- Hiring and firing employees – what can and can’t you say and ask?
- At-will employees v. Employment for a term
- Employment Agreements
- Independent contractors and how to keep them independent
- Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete Agreements
Basic Employment Law – Part II
- Minimum wage
Crucial Business Topics
- Negotiating: Lease, with Suppliers, with Customers
- Arbitration and Mediation
- The importance of income-tax treatment
- On-line legal resources
Don Petersen – Harvard Law School, SMU adjunct business-law professor and former Harvard Economics Professor. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Casey Erick – Baylor Law School, selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers. Email: email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Don or Casey at: Bennett, Weston, LaJone & Turner, P.C., 3424 Greenbrier Drive | Frisco, Texas 75033 | (214) 691-1776