Up to $20,000 for eligible Texas Businesses
“Don’t leave money on the table” is a tried and true adage for successful businesses. If you’re in the tourism, travel, or hospitality industries, there’s up to $20,000 on that table, for eligible applicants. Time is of the essence, since the portal opened on July 6, 2022, so here’s some FAQs to help determine whether your business is eligible.
Who is eligible for the grant and when can I apply?
The Texas Travel Industry Recovery Grant Program opened applications on July 6, 2022, for Texas businesses in the tourism, travel, and hospitality industry that were negatively impacted by COVID-19. Applications for the one-time grant will be accepted by industry group, with timelines determined by the NAICS business code. To find your NAICS code, visit https://www.naics.com/search/
- Category 1 – July 6 to July 31, 2022: NAICS 312120, 312130, 312140, 5615, 561920, and 7212
- Category 2 – August 1 to August 21, 2022: NAICS 71
- Category 3 – August 22 to September 11, 2022: NAICS 7211
- Category 4 – September 12 to October 2, 2022: NAICS 722
- Category 5 – If funds remain after the first four phases a fifth phase will revisit any unfunded applications to award the remaining funds.
What expenses are eligible for the grant?
Payroll and covered benefits expenses (other than unemployment and pension funds) incurred during November 8, 2021 through the time of the application submitted. If less than $20,000 of payroll is eligible under the grant, additional costs may qualify, including rent, leases, utilities, and COVID-19 systems for safe re-opening. To maximize grant expenses, check the TTIR Program Portal for eligibility.
Are applications processed “first come, first served”?
According to the TTIR Program FAQ, each application is evaluated and scored based on evaluation criteria. For application scores that are tied, the first submitted will be given priority. In addition, priority groups are scored higher in the process and can be found here.
Where can I learn more about the application process for my industry?
The Texas Economic Development & Tourism Office is hosting a series of webinars for industry specific groups. Simply click on the appropriate NAICS code below to register for the free webinar where participants will be able to ask questions:
- NAICS 312120, 312130, 312140, 5615, 561920, and 7212 Webinar – Tuesday, July 12 | 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- NAICS 7211 (Traveler Accommodation) Webinar – Registration for the September Webinar opens August 2nd
- NAICS 722 (Food Services and Drinking Places) Webinar – Registration for the September Webinar opens August 2nd
My business is doing fine now, why should I apply?
While many of our local businesses forged a positive recovery from the COVID-19 shutdown or procedure changes, it’s important to recognize the negative financial impact that those requirements may have had on your balance sheet. The TTIR Program is designed to help offset those expenses, taking the money off the table, regardless of the current financial stability of a business.