International Business Resource Center
The Frisco Chamber of Commerce understands the importance and complexities of the global marketplace and is pleased to provide vital international business resources for you as you explore the opportunities of growing your business internationally and support foreign business looking to expand into the Frisco area.
Numerous tools, organizations and other international business resources exist to help businesses grow to serve markets outside the USA. The International Business Council, made up of business leaders experienced in doing business in the international marketplace, has assembled a database of the best tools, organizations and other resources to assist you as you navigate the complexities of international business.
Frisco Texas International Development Center (FTIDC)
Numerous publications and online international business resources are also available to you as you consider taking your business to the global marketplace. Below are a few for your review and consideration:
- Aon Terrorism and Political Violence Risk Map: The map measures the risk of political violence to international business in 200 countries and territories. Risk management firm and insurance broker Aon has just released its Terrorism And Political Violence risk map. Learn More
- Country Risk Handbook: Provides information on risks for nearly every country of the world and sectional risk rating assessment for 14 sectors.
- globalEDGE: Comprehensive source of international business portals from the Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) at Michigan State University. Sources include includes links with annotations for individual countries and international business topics, articles, and tables for country comparison.
- USA Trade: Online is now free to the public! Provides data tools to access current and cumulative U.S. export and import data
- The United States Social Security Administration
For information on political affairs that may impact your ability to do business overseas, please contact:
- DFW Consular Corps Directory
- S. State Department security and economic assessments
- Travel warnings issued by the U.S. State Department
- S. Commercial Service International Trade Specialist
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
Reports on economic development, global finances, and investments, with statistical data and key information about countries worldwide.
- “A Basic Guide to Exporting” from the International Trade Administration, US Department of Commerce: A Basic Guide to Exporting addresses virtually every issue a company looking to export might face. Numerous sections, charts, lists and definitions throughout the book’s 19 chapters provide in-depth information and solid advice about the key activities and issues relevant to any prospective exporter, including: Getting things rolling, Delivering your product, Financial issues, Overseas activities and Legal issues.
- World Fact Book: Country profiles with economic, social, and political information, arranged by country or location. It includes maps and cultural information for international business.
Texas Foreign Trade Zones: Free Trade Zones, also known at Foreign-Trade Zones (FTZs or Zones), are located with geographical advantages. Company goods can be unloaded, manufactured, tested, processed, and re-exported without U.S. customs authorities intervention.
Numerous organizations in the Metroplex and Texas are available with expert guidance for operating or doing business in the international marketplace. The Frisco Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with other agencies are eager to assist you as you “Go Global.”
North Texas Resources:
Numerous trade organizations and chambers of commerce, both local and abroad, can provide valuable contacts, information and resources. Below are a few that you may find helpful:
International Chambers of Commerce
- Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce – New York
- Japan-American Chamber
- Hong Kong-American Chamber
- Vietnam-American Chamber
- Argentina-American Chamber
- BRATEEC – the Brazil-Texas Chamber of Commerce
- China-American Chamber
- French-American Chamber
- India-America Chamber
- Israel-American Chamber
- Mexico-American Chamber
- Russia-American Chamber